Book readings, book signings and every conventional event that leads to the crowning of the Bailey’s prize winner has come to a close.
Tonight, at the London’s Royal Festival Hall, the winner will be announced.
In the shortlist are;
- C. E Morgan (USA), Sport of kings
- Madeleine Their (Canada), Do not say we have nothing
- Ayobami Adebayo (Nigeria), Stay with me
- Gwendoline Riley (UK), First love
- Naomi Alderman (UK), The power
- Linda Grant (UK), The dark circle
The winner will receive £30,000 and a ‘Bessie’- a Limited Edition bronze statue- created by artist Grizel Niven.
We, from Nigeria and Africa are quite excited to learn that Ayobami’s ‘Stay with me’ is bookmaker’s second favourite to win. But of course we are hopeful she will usurp whoever that is ahead.